HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wagon/Van rego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Wagon/Van rego Reply with quote

I'm kinda thinking about converting my wagon to a van. The back seat its coming out already but I was also thinking of sticking the panels on.

Does this mean I have to register it as a commerical vehicle ? I mean to I HAVE to ? or can I keep my current rego details as is, I'm not too bothered about the benefits of registering as a commercial (ie : sidepipes, dark tints on the back, I just want the look of a van.

Cheers
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagon/Van rego Reply with quote

i converted my wagon to a van, but got defected for having the back seat in it. to be legal u have to remove the rear seat and get a mod plate (5 seater to 2), plus vans look tougher!
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagon/Van rego Reply with quote

Can't you just fold the back seat down. I mean it is designed to be folded down. Whats to stop me just folding it down and leaving like that Smile

Vans do look nicer, TD vans are also pretty rare. My wagon is a TD, if I convert it it would be pretty cool.
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Wagon/Van rego Reply with quote

yeah td vans do look the best((thats wat i got) in the events gallery under gold coast cruise)but the seat has to be fully removed aswell as the seat belts and the holes for the seatbelts are supposed to be drilled out so theres no thread in them, its a load of shit really, from an engineering point of view, its safer to be a panelvan rather than glass glazing, neway ive been through the legal jargon recently and now wanting a sedan as im sick of 2 seaters! the only thing i have to complain about vans is its way to hard to be reversing in a carpark and changing lanes if ur lazy like me. also, always get picked on by the boys in blue wen i have my black weels on cause it looks like a gangsta car or some shit... "sorry officer, they're my drift weels...." "theyre your what!??"
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wagon/Van rego Reply with quote

Thats the cool thing about my wagon, its hell easy to see whats going on around you.

Also I'm thinking a van would attract more attention from cops, thats the last thing I want..

The wagon doesn't look too bad though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: