HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whats goin on here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemivanman
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: whats goin on here? Reply with quote

ok?
what the hell is up with this site at the moment? its gone from a valuable resource to a fu#$en battle ground. why do people get kicks out of starting shit in here.
these people need to get a life.
and let me finish by saying this, i bet if you spent 20,000 grand on a gemi you could go lower than 10's no doubt

catch ya
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Attn: Adam and Joe Reply with quote

True, I am almost fed with this place. I feel sorry for the intelligent members of this website, those who must put up with the pre-pubescent writings of some faggot with no life and too much time (or something else) on his hands.

I am sorry Adam and Joe, I can't take this nonsense much longer. If it keeps up, I will be leaving. That is unless certain members are given rights to moderate the site the times you guys are unable to do so. I find little reason to visit your once wonderful site lately.

I am fed up with people starting pointless arguments, and there is also another issue to be resolved. I am unsure if this is fault of the site (doubtful, it works for me), or a lack of grey matter, but the same old questions keep getting fired away. The search facilities function as intended, please use them.

No nastiness, only my few cents worth.
Cheers Smile
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Adam and Joe Reply with quote

I want to agree with you and we're not alone - a symptom of the popularity and lack of moderation methinks.

If you think the same way, help out! write up here your best idea to improve the forum. Between us we should come up with some good ideas.

I reckon a new forum front page with the user guidlines would help eg USE SEARCH b4 posting, no cross posts etc.
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Adam and Joe Reply with quote

i have to agree with both of the above posts. when i first bought my gemi i could jump on here, ask any question and someone would answer it.. now it just gets lost through all the other crappy posts.. someone needs to do something or this site is going to die...

andy
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: The Answer ! Reply with quote

As said before, get some moderators going. Preferably some of the more mature and knowledgable members of the forum.

The moderators must be harsh, ban people if they are acting like idiots, delete shit nonsense posts etc..

In order to satisfy both ends of the spectrum you could have a section in the forum that is unmoderated. So if people want to post shit useless posts they can.

I've seen this kinda setup work on other forums and it works really well.

Also set up a faq, if people don't read it before posting and post a question from the faq.. ban.

I know it sounds stupid but in the end it will make the site a really useful place to be, way more than it is now.

It would also be nice to have some better features on the forum such as the most recently replied threads staying near the top etc..

Cmon adam and joe, we know you can do it !!!
Keep up the great work !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: