HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What's your project?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: What's your project? Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, has anyone got a gemini project happening at the moment?

What model is it and what are you doing to it?
(I mean actually doing, not dreaming).

Cya.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

yeah, im in the process of doing a 79' TE. Nothing crazy at the moment, getting it ready for rego. Rust work, redoing the interior, getting body striaght.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

I'm redoing the interior on my 78td wagon.

It has a 2lt twin cam,and volvo disks on the front, lowered all round with pedders springs and shocks and has a new clutch and new exhaust system with huge dump. It was like this when I bought it.

So far I've done a quick cheap respray on the front wing which was discoloured. I may do a full respray at some time but its OK for the moment.

As for interior, I have all the bits, just need to put them in.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

TG sedan. Blue with purple/pink/crimson pearl. EFI,turbo,1600. Front mount, 4spot calipers and big disks up front, retrimmed velour interior, GTI bucket seats, decked out boot, LSD, Undecided wheels. Be finished in 1 month.
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

75 import tx. work done are engine, 1600, cam, lpg, custom manafold, head work. rebuilt 5 speed, rebuilt tx diff, from engine back to diff is new or rebuilt.
suspension next with all new bush's, 30mm lowered springs front and back, custom exhust, seat maybe vr hsv or tv, body: back to metal file finsh (my mate is panel beater.
time of finish, approx 1yr or so. (money is no option and there is no second best that's why is going to take so long).
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

Yeah got a 84 white tg for 300 bucks
its completely stripped just finished the floor plans and the front gaurds. all i need is 4 good doors and a bootlid.
and some spare time to sand it back while all the windows are out etc. but im in adelaide at the moment so its sitting back home in brisbane. Engine is stock for now just want to get the interior and exterior finished. if any one has good doors for a tg or a bootlid let me know.
also anyone know where adelaide gemini spares is?
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

got a cream 83 tf with cross-hatched grille. cost me 150 bucks. am now taking rust out and looking for rear left door and boot lid. interior is good but is soon to house some recaro's and momo wheel and knob. in around 6 months a nissan 2L turbo will go in but before that the suspension is going to be changed to superlow king springs with koni ride-height-adjustable shocks all complimented by 17" rims (probably simmons fr17's but not sure - might even go hyperfangs). i have 4 good mates who are panelbeaters so rust is for a carton of beer and paint will be done (prob blue) for about 150 dollars. for now that's about it except for engine mods.

cheers
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

i'm doing a tf sedan at the moment. nothing special. just stripping her down, rubbing her back and respraying it in a bright yellow 2 pak colour. it will have colour-coded bars and grill. tidy interior, and pretty standard donk. my aims is just to have it tidy, and look neat too, and be roadworthy naturally. then i'll probably advertise it for sale. will let yas know when shes ready, if anyones interested in a tidy tf sedan? i've got a few weeks holidays now, so will be doing a heap of work on it.

greg.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

TD ... lots of work to be done...

G180 SOHC transplant (minor modifications- porting, balancing, pistons etc)
EFI (No Turbo.. that is phase 2)
Maybe Gas conversion (undecided)
Whiteline Suspension Kit
Needs lots of rust to be chopped out (all interior, IE: Floor Pans, pillars, boot... external is OK apart from doors)
Few dents need removal
Still seeking driveline/brake solutions (LSD and Discs all round)
Modified interior .. ie: Door handle area, dash, seats, linings
Remote Gear Selector.

Nothing started as of yet, need part time work while I study at Uni.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

well im doing up a TX coupe with twin webers and a g180 for the race track and am slowly doing a turbo 1800 for it on the drag strip
i have got till october
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

tc resprayed hot green but being painted again new motor comin. carby turbo want efi but cant afford it as its my daily driver and im a 2nd year apprentice

tx with tg front sedan converted to 2 door dogily welded up rear doors and deleted door handles stock motor. Being painted white by myself, because its so dodgy. Cost me a $100 and alot of mig wire so far, thats what i bought it for. Fronts off my tg which got defected last week wasnt planning on it but ya get that.

got other gems but nothing really all that good

josh
WAY2LOWatwork
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your project? Reply with quote

td sedan. 12a large extend port, firethorn red with gold pearl. 5 speed dog box, half cage (still looking for 1) racing seats and harnesses, stripped down as much as possible (to save weight) locked diff, autometer gauges.custom red and silver interior. lookin for a set of 18 inch wheels.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice mates if you can get em!!! Reply with quote

Hope they are handy when you build a house one day. Maybe they'll do it for a ticket to Sea world!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: