HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

hey,
just a few questions 4 everyone.

- Where can u pick up the chrome strip in the bumpers from? Does it just glue in.

- to smooth my Tg bumpers out can i just use normal spray putty or is a special plastic paint needed?

- lastly, today in my newly purchased Tg my odometer stopped working and the counter below it doesnt work either. Any on had simalr problems?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

speedo cable has come loose on the gear box most probbly, jack it up and tighten it with a set of multi grips.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

click the shop link, rarespares sells the chrome strip for $15 i think, it slides in a groove and two clips keep it in at each end, if u have the non genuine bumpers u have to go to a smash supply shop and get the stick on stuff or use pinstriping
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

Thanx for the help,
Checked the gearbox - speedo cable conection, its fine..
maybe behind the intrsument cluster... might have to wait till next weekend.
Oh well, not clocking up any k's.
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

hey dude
ive had the odometer prob, on mine it wa steh little cogs inside it, you have to pull out the cluster and get in there and fix em up, mine had slipped and werent connecting, and if it wa steh cable connections then your speedon wouldnt be working either, so it must be inside the cluster, tis a good idea to test that its fixed aswell using a drill, and yeah gluing teh cogs onto to shafts again is a good idea cos mine kept slipping untill i did that.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome strips/bumper painting/faulty odometer Reply with quote

Dont be surprised if you cant fix it. TF/TG speedos are crap, and often pack it in. wresckers do a roaring trade in used and .new ones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: