HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wtf - LPG gemmi????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillbie
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: wtf - LPG gemmi???? Reply with quote

cmon you gotta be shitting me rite??
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: wtf - LPG gemmi???? Reply with quote

what do you mean, ive heard of it before, whats so wierd?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: wtf - LPG gemmi???? Reply with quote

yeah its been done b4. dont c y u would though performance wise
phillbie
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: wtf - LPG gemmi???? Reply with quote

fuking oath y would ya, i mean i luv the faith ful gemmi as much as the next bloke, or chik, and the looks and perfoamnce of a g200 dohc turbo are sumthing to be admired but to put a gemi on lpg thats just disgrace, we aint no fuking cabbies and we sure as hell dont drive no comodores or falcons now do we?
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf -ignorance inc. Reply with quote

hey, dickhead.....look at eggys gem, the other turbo td in the mod galleries, and ive got a screamin N/A gas gemmy that i had off the clock yesterday. they aint slow, just cheap to run. do your homework before you mouth off...are the sayings right? is ignorance bliss?
rob.
fluid
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf -ignorance inc. Reply with quote

The other turbo'd TD gemini (the gold one) in the galleries is mine....

Puts out 160kw's at the wheels @ 10 psi boost and gets 350 klms to a tank of gas....

What's the problem here?!

The engine was built by myself and gas was a very good alternative to programmable EFI (forget carbs in a turbo situation) as I could legally remove 'all' pollution gear and run 10 psi boost with no intercooler due to the high octane properties of the fuel. The car also fires and runs beautifully first turn of the key in the morning and I don't have any problems with chokes (my fuel is allready a gas, it can't condense on the manifold walls)....

In conclusion gas is a fantastic fuel for turbo use in straight trim (NOT duel fuel) due to the fact that it has a far higher octane rating than even optimax, is far cheaper to install and setup / tune than programmable EFI and all pollution gear can be legally removed which usually makes up for any peformance loss experienced using the fuel.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf -ignorance inc. Reply with quote

Thanks Rob & Fluid, LPG Rocks...

as well said before: Cheap to setup, tune and run as a daily driver, and keeps the police off your back

I've got the TE 1.6ltr Turbo LPG only with intercooler 210 BHP rear wheels

it rocks some people just need to learn before the open their mouths.

Cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: