HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Temp gauge probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Temp gauge probs Reply with quote

Hey everybody, i dont seem to be getting a reading from my temp guage, what do u think is wrong?
and what should i check?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Temp gauge probs Reply with quote

The connector's probably fallen off the temp sender. look under the intake manifold, below the thermostat.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Temp gauge probs Reply with quote

Earth it out, take the wire off the sender unit and touch it on a metal surface somewhere in the engine bay. Get someone to sit in the car and tell you if the guage goes up or not. If the guage goes up, then it's not the guage, obviously. So get a new sender unit and try that.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Temp gauge probs Reply with quote

A longshot, but also check your fuses. I lost my fuel and temp guage cluster on my td when my thermofan shorted out. The wiring was dodgy. I fixed up the wiring and replaced the fuse and its all back to normal.
davepad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Temp gauge probs Reply with quote

thanks for the tip dude, i checked mine and it had fallen off also... i now have a working temp guage Smile its a pretty shithouse design though, i can image itll prolly happen again... it was fairly loose.. is there any way of making it a bit more permanant?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: