HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TF/TG Suspension Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: TF/TG Suspension Replacement Reply with quote

I am just trying to figure out how much it will cost me to get my suspension 'done' its tired and stock.. i got a 28 point safety check thing at pedders and their final quote was around $1500 bucks, this was for...

new steering rack (prolly a reco'd one i dunno)
new front shocks
new tie rods
new bushes (almost everywhere)
ball joints
new dust boots

they had abig question mark next to torque tube mountings which are broken cause it clunks in and out its got the diesel style diff and tube so i rekon that part will be expensive

i've got a few contacts with different shops who can probly do the labour for me (id rather not go screwing around with the bits that keep me on the road) so maybe if someones got an idea of how much this should cost me not including labour it'd be great.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: TF/TG Suspension Replacement Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion that pedders are rippoff merchants.

I enguired about getting my gem lowered with new springs all round and they wanted over $400 I think.

I then rang profix and they wanted $300

Finally I rang gemispares and they wanted $260 (this was using 2nd hand springs in good nick)

Just geminis was prolly even cheaper.. I guess.

So in short, yes use pedders for their safety check cos all that stuff is important shit. But get a second opinion possibly and get the work done elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: