HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP bitchy ball joints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElGoul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: HELP bitchy ball joints Reply with quote

i was putting on new ball joints when i found i could not remove the old stock one from the bottom bolt. it is stuck. the bolt came off, but it still wont come off. whaddoo i do?
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Change your name! Reply with quote

There is nothing funny or remotely cool about your user name so if you don't mind could you please change it.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP bitchy ball joints Reply with quote

what do u mean the bottom bolt????? are u talking about the control arm????or the bolt that is on the ball joint
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Change your name! Ditto! Reply with quote

If it was went to be a joke, it's not at all funny.

In answer to your question, what bolt?? The bottom ball joints are pressed into the lower control arm and are fixed to the steering knuckle via a tapered seat. A threaded section pokes through the knuckle on which a nut is placed, but no bolts!
ElGoul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: so i changed my name Reply with quote

the taper were the bottom bolt is wouldn't come out. i sawed one off and then got it with a hammer. the otherone i havnt gotten off yet but its just as fuc ked. my old suspension i SO CRUSTY! How hard is the lower ball joint to do? what do they cost.

sorry bout my name. bomb means old shite car, much like mine. oh well.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: so i changed my name Reply with quote

lower ball joint is easy to get out. jack up the control arm and if u are replacing the ball joint just hit the shit outta it wit a hammer. too put one in is harder but get a jack and a socket. put the socket in the middle of the jack and place the ball joint in the hole for it. put the jack underneth the bal joint and jack it up a bit. get a hammer and hit down on the control and done. just make sure that the ball joint is straight
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Please explain! Reply with quote

Pardon me, I'm just a Queenslander, did I miss something to make that name so offensive?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Please explain! Reply with quote

his name was suidcide bommer but he changed it if u couldnt read the topic that says ive changed my name. dam u are a dumb queenslander
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Please explain! Reply with quote

All you guys are fucking nuts.

The first post was from "Elgoul" or something like that, he already has changed his name, why is everybody stressing out so much?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Please explain! Reply with quote

His name was suidcide boomer than he changed his name. when u change your name it changes the name on all the posts u have ever done. That is y u c elgoul on the first post. So your the one whos nuts hehhe
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Please explain! Reply with quote

I didn't know all the old posts get their name changed as well. I must be nuts, getting involved in this dumb thread about peoples damn usernames.

Shit, I am going to work on my car now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: