HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Interiors. .what colour ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:17 am    Post subject: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

I'm about to redo my interior on my wagon. I'm torn between two worlds.

Do I do it school black, black carpet, seats dash, trims and lining.

or Should I do it a more modern colour like grey or a combination of grey and a patten.

My car is white so I figure black would make a good contrast.

Also anyone know a place in adelaide I can pick up velour type material for a reasonable price.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

i rekon a grey and or pattern would look much more modern... but have you thought about going a bit more crazy and doing a red or a blue? you dont have to go leather for it to look good. new vinyl can look pretty good in deep red.

but yeah for simplicity and for it to look modern go grey
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

Both would look great and as you said black you provide a nice contrast with the white exterior. Maybe look at the positives and negatives of each option if your finding it hard to decide.... such as black will cause the interior to appear a lot smaller, whether that is a + or - for you. things like that
hope that helps
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

i recon a deep blue would look fuckin mad with white body. i had a dark blue gem with grey and black iterior look pritty good. i dont think u should go with grey on a white car tho will look too bland. i would go for a blue or red. but its up to u, personal choice. its not like iv done a design course or anything Wink hehehehe
have fun.
any auto trimmers sell materel cheep as chips. i got enuff velour to trim my WHOLE car for $50
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

I'll prolly do it old school black and keep everything nice and understated. (I've done a design course ! haha.. not that it means shit. It's all just personal choice)

About the velour, I rang a place today and they wanted between 15 and 40 bucks per metre !
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

Did most of my trim myself with dad. cost me 30/m for simonsons cloth. marine grade. Might be able to work something out, as in i may be able to do some of it for you for a small fee.......

White vynal with grey cloth inserts, grey dash, and grey carpets would look sweet in urs i rekn. White trims for doors and rear with grey inserts also. This way ur ass doesnt get burnt in summer.

have a look www.geocities.com/mygemi
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Interiors. .what colour ? Reply with quote

red red would look crazy nice and bright Wink and thats not being sarcastic im seriouse id go red with a white car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: