HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

!!!! HELP !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: !!!! HELP !!!! Reply with quote

okay here's whats happening the other day while i was hooning around the streets as usual,i stoped at a set of lights and when i put it back into 1st i noticed that there was this mean rattely/grinding sound so hoping it would go away i worked my way up through the gears but much to my despear it was happening in all the gears !!!!!.
also im finding going from 1st to 2nd being a little tricky( really chuncky ).....now my first thought was ... get a new gear box, but one of my mates reckons it could be the clutch ????? now i have got no idea so any help would be much appreciated.
thanks
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!! HELP !!!! Reply with quote

yeah. if its a really grindy sound, check that the clutch pad thinggy hasnt stuck to the fly wheel, happend to me and i couldnt use 1st or 2nd without serious grindage.
if its more a "supercharge" tyope wineding sound check ya throw out bearing.
if not new grarbox heeheh HAVE FUN
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!! HELP !!!! Reply with quote

Try adjusting the clutch first....
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!! HELP !!!! Reply with quote

You dont describe where your rattle is coming from, but one of the flywheel bolts came out once, and evert time I opened the clutch....RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: