HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

damn camira wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemthem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: damn camira wheels Reply with quote

how do you get camira wheels onto a gemini?
i have a set of factory camira alloys(14x6) which look great on my TE gem, but only the rear fit on, the offset is too great for the front which rubs hard against the shockers!
can anyone let me know how i can get these damn wheels on, as i have seen a few gemini's with camira wheels.
Paul
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: damn camira wheels Reply with quote

To get the front ones to fit you need to get the centre hole bored out. you can either take it to an engineering place and get them to do it (this is what i did coz i couldnt be bothered doing it myself!) or you can get a file out and make the hole big enough to fit ova the centre hub, but dont make the hole too big, make it a snug fit, otherwise the wheel may vibrate, which is what i have been told will happen Smile
don't worry bout them rubbing on the shockers coz they come away from it when the car is on the ground.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: damn camira wheels Reply with quote

this is how u do it. put wheel on bolt it up. simple. iv done it heaps. never had to grind anything out
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: damn camira wheels Reply with quote

Then obviously those wheels had been fitted to gemini before you got them...
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: damn camira wheels Reply with quote

ohhhh dems fighting words
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: