HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

camira engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: camira engine? Reply with quote

does anyone know anything about these engines, how big were they, i know they came in 1.8 but did they come in anything else, engine make numbers, if they fit into gemi's easy etc... Has anyone ever done this conversion? thanks

Chris...
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

the propblem being, camira run fwd, on i think all models
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

damn i forgot about that. Thanks

Chris...
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

I think the biggest question is why would you want to put on into a gem? I think they came in 1.6 1.8 2ltr, carby fed and then efi. The funniest bit was holden intended them to be the next cult car like the toranas. My old man was actually in the meeting at GM when they were deciding what was going to happen with the camira, make it turbo, rwd etc. At the end of it he told them they were fucking idiots - bring out a 1.6 motor they will get a bad rep for being extra shit and by the time the 2ltr is out that reps going to stick. Didnt listen and brought out a bigger lemon than the vn
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

seriously if the camira had have been rwd 2 ltr they would have sold HEAPS! its not a bad looking car (has potential) the only reason no-one likes tham is because they are GAY FWD.
joee joe joe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

yeh, they handle alright too
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: camira engine? Reply with quote

You also left out the fact that they are shit and easily fall apart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: