HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Hard starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rez_Man
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Hard starting Reply with quote

G'Day all.

I recently got a TF Gemini (stock standard) pretty much. And its very hard to start, sometime needs to be jumpstarted. It still has the standard air filter element on it and creamy oil shoots outs of the hole that is connect to the pipe that is connect to the top of the rocker cover. I pulled the rocker cover off to check for water in the oil but all oil sitting in the top of the head is fine but there is creamy oil on the underside of the rocker cover.
I don't really wantto pull the head off unless I have to. But I thought if the head gasket was gone all the oil should be creamy?
Any help / Ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-Rez
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard starting Reply with quote

How old does the oil in the top of the head look. If it's got a leak from water to oil (crack, gasket, etc.), and the oil looks fresh, then the seller may have just changed the oil to sell it. Then again it may have HAD a blown gasket that the owner has fixed but all the residue from the problem has not been completely flushed yet. I could be something else causing the hard starting.
Let the buyer beware!! Surprised)

Yonnee.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard starting Reply with quote

Starting is generally a electrical issue, not a mechanical one. Check your battery connections, make sure eart is clean on engine, if so, maybe you have a crook starter motor.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: