HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Request for Workshop Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Request for Workshop Articles Reply with quote

Many people are asking the same questions over and over again. I think a good solution for this is to get some of the peeps in here to do some workshop articles so most of those people can be referred straight to them.
Subjects like popular engine conversions (FJ20, SR20DET, 4ZC1 etc etc..) seem to be very popular and I have to confess I would love to see some well described workshop articles on them.

If anyone would like to help with a workshop article but is not confident they can write well then I will gladly help. My austomotive knowledge is limited, however I won't tell anyone else how badly you spell Razz.

Email me at spears1@.removethisbit.bigpond.net.au if you are interested in writing an article! You will get the full credit, I will merely edit for you.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Request for Workshop Articles Reply with quote

so hows married life?
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Adam - posting workshop articels? Reply with quote

Hi. I remember maybe like 3 months ago someone wrote an article about how to put piazza brakes onto a gemini and was complaining because they sent it to you but you didnt put it up? WTF happened to that? been waiting to read it for ages.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Request for Workshop Articles Reply with quote

Yeah good thanks bud Smile

Finally outta debt from the wedding.. but still need to get parttime work for the Gemi Sad

Surprised someone remembered Razz
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: itting Piazza Front Brakes Reply with quote

I've done this conversion so here is a short version

1. Get Piazza Calipers and rotors on hubs
2. Remove Piazza wheel bearings
3. Purchase new Gemini wheel bearings and fit to Piazza Hubs
4. Remove Gemini Calipers and rotors.
5. File out the caliper retaining threads on the stub axle.
6. Fit Piazza rotors and tension nut and fit split pin.
7. Fit Piazza calipers ( Note Piazza calipers the bolt goes
through the stub axle and into the caliper)
8. bleed the brakes and test.

Cheers
Eggy
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: itting Piazza Front Brakes Reply with quote

That easy, eh?
The question: how much difference did it make? I don't remember yours having any trouble stopping up the mountain, or down for that matter.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Piazza Front Brakes Reply with quote

That's right not a problem, but I have Piazza brakes front and rear, They made it stop a lot better,

after I fitted the turbo I had issues of over heated front brakes if I was in a real hurry. but now not a problem.

Cheers
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: itting Piazza Front Brakes Reply with quote

Where can I get the piazza brakes from, and how much did it cost you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: