HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What the...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: What the... Reply with quote

alright today i saw a td gem, sedan shape, TWO DOORS!!!?!?
what the...

so is it do-able, theoretically to put on coupe doors and move the column back then just weld up the back or something? just a thought coz it was definately a td 4 door shape with two doors and one large back window replacing the two part one. it looks hell good.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: What the... Reply with quote

Is it doable?.....well youve seen one, theres your proof it is! ;O
cheers.....Tim
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: What the... Reply with quote

yeah but maybe he just shaved the rear door handles and bigged up the seams?? i dunno
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: the what Reply with quote

maybe it was an import from europe? or maybe they used van/wagon doors and moved the b pillar?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Import it is Reply with quote

http://www.muenster.de/~mnickel/framee.htm
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Import it is Reply with quote

It could have been a TD sedan with wagon doors, as they are the correct height for modification into a two-door sedan. The coupe doors have window frames that are precisely 4 cm lower than the wagon doors - I measured them when I accidentally bought a pair of coupe doors when I was a wee sprog.

Many of the T-car variants came in two-door sedan format - in fact, the Gemini was going to be two-door sedan and four-door sedan, like the TA Torana it replaced, but when Isuzu came on board and it was decided to base the Holden on their changes, GMH's car went with Isuzu's coupe and four-door sedan choices.

Germany's Opel Kadett had standard T-car body work and came in a two-door sedan, as did the GM Chevette from Brazil. The Vauxhall Chevette, one of the few RHDrive versions, came in a two-door sedan, but the nose was substantially different.

I reckon it was probably a custom job, but who knows?
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Dave!!! Reply with quote

Good to see you on here again dave, helping us out with that remarkable gemini knowlege.

Now ive finished brown nosing, whens the compendium gonna be ready man ive been waiting years, literally!

Cheers, Simmo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: