HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

windscreens, do they pop out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syko_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: windscreens, do they pop out? Reply with quote

do gemini windscreens (te in particular) pop out fairly easily? mine did with little force the other day and i was wondering if this is a common problem?
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: windscreens, do they pop out? Reply with quote

i was taking mine out to do rust in the front
and no it didn't come out easy it cracked all the way
from top to bottom to much pressure on one spot + rust
=not good
cheers nik
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: windscreens, do they pop out? Reply with quote

hey, what about windows on the doors? see, i gotta replace the rear left door on my tf sedan but the windows have a fairly good tint and wanna keep them all the same. how can i switch 'em?

cheers
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: windscreens, do they pop out? Reply with quote

Yeah, windscreens, rear window pops out with relative ease. I did both mine, and have seen it done in a few other cars, lay down on the back seat, place both your feet apart around the outer extremities of the window and apply steady pressure, have a mate on the other side to hold it as you ease it out. remember, pressure on the outside as it will crack otherwise.
Nos, door windows are a totally different matter, they dont pop out as they arent held in by a seal. Rather than wasting time explaining it, go to your gregorys manual, it outlines it there.
cheers..Tim
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: do they pop out? Geezus! Reply with quote

You guys are ruff as guts. You do not remove w/screens like that. You prise off the inner lip (on the inside)all the way around until you can push it out by hand. Use too much force, you'll risk a cracked w/screen. Has happenned to me a few times, so I know what Im talkin about.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: do they pop out? Geezus! Reply with quote

yeah and lying on the back seat?
with your legs up in the air?

and if it breaks? or shatters?

and glass falls....

onto your...

bits?

then you'd have pinkbits, or no bits
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: do they pop out? Geezus! Reply with quote

hahahahah
na thats just it, you have to NOT be ruff as guts. Yeah it pays to seperate the seal from the inside like you said alan. Just common sense, you can feel the limit of the glass, you have to know this limit and not be a fukkstikk and push it any further. its common sense , if it doesnt want to come easily, dont push it, use alternative means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: