HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

blue LED washer jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

does anyone know if these are legal in NSW?
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

They are illegal in Victoria and my mate got a $165 fine for having them on. Dont know about NSW but im guessing they have similar laws.. Be carfull !!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

i hope they are illigal they look shit and are distracting

they have to be i think cause there are strict laws about what lights u can have facing what way

so that cancels out pretty much every colour led
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

actually i think they may be legal here in nsw coz i seen em on heaps of cars! not just hotted up cars either - just regular family cars n shit as well as old people's cars! plus they're available at any auto accessory place around. dunno for sure though - ring the rta and find out man
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

Roadworthy requirements state that all forward facing park lights must be white. It's not illegal to sell or buy them, in fact they're one of our biggest sellers at the moment, but you'll see that most of the packaging will say "for off-road use only".

Yonnee.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: blue LED washer jets Reply with quote

the queensland modifications booklet says "blue lights are not allowed on any vehicles exept police vehicles"
not sure about other states, but something like that would be pretty universal in aus law.
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/driver.nsf/index/vehiclemods

check this if you live in qld an are considering any mods. it covers most the stuff you could want to know. and for those of you in other states check your local govs site and im sure they will have an equivilent for your state.
spud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: