HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Close Call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Close Call Reply with quote

Phew..

Today I got a new gem.

78 TD Wagon with a 2litre piazza in it. Pretty quick little car Smile Fairly stock looking apart from rims and a HUGE dumped exhaust.

Was driving it home from the dude I bought it when a cop pulls up behind me.. then moves to my shoulder. I slow down to around 50 kms and he follows. He followed me home like that all the way home till I turned down my street.

Damn, my heart was in my mouth for a second then. Last thing I wanted to do was get defected on the same day I find a great gem.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

Why would you get defected?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Why? Reply with quote

Piggy was probably just a homo. At least your turbo will blow him off .......err, I dont think I meant to say that.........
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: the white one? Reply with quote

is that the white 1 from the tyre place on cross keys rd? its got the different colour white guard? looks neat enuf. its not a turb though is it? I spoke to the guy about 6 months ago and he also had an rx7, and he wasnt interested in any gem cruises.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: the white one? Reply with quote

Yes thats the one. No its not turb'd but the 2.o efi is quick enough for me.

Just gave it a bit of a cut and polish and its coming up great. The discoloured guard is from when someone bumped into it and dented it, its been repaired but the paint faded Sad I've rubbed it back a fair bit just with t-cut and its brightened up quite a bit. Looks good. Also hardly much rust on the car too.

Oh yeh I was also worrying about having cops around me cos the car aint registered ! arh ! Will be soon tho.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: !!! Reply with quote

NOT REGEISTERED!!!

Shit man do u realise how lucky you are...

In their little pig cars they have their little computer thingo and they write your number plate in and then it says if it is registered or not.
Either that or they get on their CB radio thing and check.

Shit dude!!!! lucky but good work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: