HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rims and tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: rims and tyres Reply with quote

What are the biggest rims with low profile tyres that will fit on my TF without hitting the body. In teh bridgestone site in teh browser it brought up 16" with 205 something doughnuts. Is this do-able? or would it have problems. I know there would probably be speedo problems. Can you recalibrate the speedo in any way to make up for the difference?
I am a complete novice at this stuff but I am slowly reading back through the old posts. There is some really funny shit in there!!!
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: rims and tyres Reply with quote

is your car lowered at all?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: rims and tyres Reply with quote

i know of at least 5 gems going around at the moment (in my area) with 18s, 16x205 is pretty standard you shouldnt have dramas, again though it depends on the offset of the rim more than the tyre!!
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: rims and tyres Reply with quote

No it hasnt been lowered that I know of.
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: rims and tyres Reply with quote

Really!!! 18" wheels. That would look shit hot. Do that have any problems at all. what tyre width would I need with 17" or 18" Rims. I just love that look.
fright
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: rims and tyres Reply with quote

my te doesn't scrub with 16s and 205/45 rubber. It's not lowered though. Speedo should remain pretty close to accurate as long as you choose the right tyres for you new rims so the rolling diamater doesn't change much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: