HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whats better?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: whats better? Reply with quote

hey guy's this weekend i'm putting a set a crx front seats in my TD wagon and i thought i'd replace the carpet since its pretty bad and i was wondering what is better fitted carpet (the moulded stuff) or just normal carpet and plush pile or the other stuff ???, and how much would the moulded carpet cost for my TD wagon???? any help would be much apriciated
thanks guy's
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

moulded carpet is the way to go Smile
normal carpet is a hassles when it comes to getting it in the right position ect Smile
thats my 2 cents!!
shell
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

About 6 years ago I bought fitted carpet for an XY station wagon and they cost me about $175. Not sure of price now. Hope that helps a little
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

dont expect too much from molded carpet. it may be *molded* but i will definately NOT fit straight in, its still a days work. get heaps of insulation ($23 a meter from clark rubber etc) and slap that in while your at it.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au, adam put this in the links section
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

Put it this way. moulded carpets are a cheap way out. A show car would not use them. They are a prick to fit where the heat has shaped them.

you can get a custom one made up but it will cost over $150 A trimmer can make one to suit your gem. If you have a symmetrical floor pan coupe, this is you only solution.
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

Interesting that...
i had no trouble with my moulded carpet!! suppose its just luck, some are made good others not Smile
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

i got mine done by a trimmer and it looks shyte, nice carpet just has lumps and shit all thru it

u want something done properly do it yourself, buy some moulded stuff and do the job properly
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

i got mine done by a trimmer and it looks shyte, nice carpet just has lumps and shit all thru it

u want something done properly do it yourself, buy some moulded stuff and do the job properly
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

yeah and its just not the same unless you can say 'i did that!'
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: whats better? Reply with quote

Your trimmer was an fwit. Mine did an A1 job, and the carpet fitted better than any moulded one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: