HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 twin webs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

Hey guys Ive been reading this forum for a couple of days. You are all so helpful and stuff its pretty cool. Anyway I'm just about to buy a TF wagon. It doesnt seem to have any rust visable. Its had a bit of work done to it. It has a G200 with twin webers on it. My question is. How many horse power would that put out. Also if I were to put efi onto it what improvement would that make in HP and how much would it cost?
Im only new to this so I'm a bit of a spaz. I suppose we all start somewhere. Ive been busily reading as many posts as possible to learn as much as I can.
Oh yeah I suppose the most important question would be. How much do you think I should pay for it?
Any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

You wouldn't make any more power with any sort of injection I can think, when compared with the webers, assuming they are sidedraught and tuned correctly.

It could be making anywhere from maybe 85hp to 200hp, depending on whats been done to the engine.

Ben Wight
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

other than that it would prob be more worth it to bolt on a small turbo which would give you plenty extra hp. the thing with piggyback fyuel injection systems is for a worthwhile one your paying about as much as you would to bolt on a turbo (approx) plus as ben said man, twin sidedraught webbers that are tuned properly are gonna give you the same or possibly even more hp than efi primarily because the engine is built to be carburetted.

cheers
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

So what do you guys think I should pay for the car. The paint is original and faded red. The interior is nothing special. The engine was put in about a year ago and has engineer certs. The wheels are standard. What do you think?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

1.5 grand? 2.5k max id say with stock paint and rims depends how much rego as well remember u dont wanna be forking out a crapload of money for rego and CTP and all that shyte
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: G200 twin webs Reply with quote

Yeah I think he wants $2500 for it. Its in good nick so I think I will do it. The guy is a friend and also a mechanic. He said he will help me out if it needs work like show me what to do and stuff. I think its still got like 10 months reg as well.
Ill see him tonight and find out what mods he has done besides the webbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: