HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: New Tyres Reply with quote

I want to get a set of 4 new tyres. However, i want to keep the speedo as accurate as possible so to do this i have used that web site someone mentioned in another thread.

I want 205's and the site came up with 205/55/R14
would this size be hard to get cuz i can't say i have seen many 55 profiles around

if anyone knows where i could get some it would be appreciated

thanx
NeWaZ
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

check the tyre calculator.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

im glad someone found somethin good.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

I bet you that a place that sells tyres will have them.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

another funny!
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

yeh it may have been funny...but once again i will shut my mouth for a few months in fear of being shot down...

i was serious in my question and thought the tires i am after may be rare or hard to get...i don't frequently browse my local tire outlets so sorry for not knowing

thanx for the help
NeWaZ
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

Although my reply was full of sarcasm admittadly, it was also spot on in that if you go to any large tyre retailer such as Bob Jane, Goodyear, Beurepairs, etc, they will be able to get whatever size you want.

It seems logical to me that since no one here as far as I know runs a tyre shop, that the best place to ask is a tyre shop itself.

So sorry to break it to you, but if you want to buy tyres, the best thing to do is probably browse the local tyre outlets.

Dont mean to be nasty or anything, its just that to buy tyres, a tyre shop is generally needed.

Ben Wight
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Tyres Reply with quote

thanx for that ben, i just was honestly unsure of whether all the major tire outlets sold every size of tire, including not so popular ones...

anyway i now know

thanx

NeWaZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: