HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Frustration.. ARHGGHGH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Frustration.. ARHGGHGH Reply with quote

I've been searching for a gem for nearly 3 mths now, probably 3 times that including the time it took to find my last gem. I'm Searching the trader every week, living for the day it comes out. Checking the local newspapers every day. Checking the net and keeping a wide eye open for nice gems.

Yes, I want to buy a gem. Preferbly one with most of the major work done. I have the money yet I cannot find the gem ! How frustrating.

I'm looking for mainly a TD series car, preferbly panno or wagon but I do like sedans. Not a huge coupe fan though.

In saying that I'd like a nice panno or wagon of any model as long as it was a nice car.

Anyone know anywhere else I could try in my search for a gem ?

I've looked at a few but most had a few underlying problems like bad rust, immenent engine probs, dodgy chassis etc.. I'd settle for a nice straight stocky as long as if it was in good nick.

Anyone know anyone or seen anyone around with a nice gem of any kind (panno / wagon preferably) even if they are not selling deliberatly I could make them an offer, you never know Smile

So if you know anyone with a nice gem or happen to live near someone or regularly see someone with a nice gem maybe willing to sell at the right price, let me know ! Please !

Oh yeh, I'm in Adelaide !

(ps : I know about the ones in the trader Smile )

(Im sorry for contributing to the many "I WANT A GEM BAAAD" posts on this site, believe me I've looked around many places outside this site beforehand)
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: how many pesos? Reply with quote

how much u got to spend?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: the truth is Reply with quote

Most Gems are shit, the owners will be trying to hide rust, etc. I had to look for 6 months before I found my dream car, and not a spec of rust in her. Be patient, good ones are hard to find.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: how many pesos? Reply with quote

I'd prolly spend up to $3500 max, possibly 4 if the right car came along.

I'm not looking for anything thats going to kill on the dragstrip, basically a nice looking tidy car thats reliable, had some work done to tidy it up and has been looked after. ( a little power aint outta the question tho !)
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: how many pesos? Reply with quote

you also have to look at your capacity for things. do you have any friends that are panelbeaters by trade? or mechanics? you see, a little bit of rust can be taken away without much hassle. i was in the beginning just looking around for a gem with no rust at all. unfortunately there are almost none left. i am picking my gem up on saturday morning and it's costing me 150 dollars. but i wanna do all the work on it myself - not have it already done and i'm doing an engine conversion. but even when you want one that's pretty much done - just find out if anyone you know can do you a cheap deal on rust or whatever. the car i getting has about 500+ bucks worth on it if i took it to professionals but i've got two mates that will do it for a carton of beer. know what i mean? just see who you know n shit. believe me - friends in the right places are worth more than their weight in gold!
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: how many pesos? Reply with quote

well you could come and look at mine, it is a TF sedan, in the trader this week, so i am guessing you will call me about it huh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: