HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

seat belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: seat belts Reply with quote

my seat belts look old, faded, some frayage and even spots of mould. The fading and fraying isnt too bad but the mould spots are unsightly. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of these spots? Is there a product i can use to dye seatbelts, being a nylon product.
Forking out 300 odd dollars for new belts isnt an option, so i want to make these look half decent, that is unless someone has good seatbelts for sale??
cheers lads n lasses
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

auto bard $80 a pair and u can get all diff colours
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

no, i wouldn't want to spend any money on something thats there to save my life either. After all its not like medical bills are going to cost more than $300 to scrape you off the road after you have flown through the front window.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

Save ya drama Turbs..... like i said, its aesthetics my belts lack, not functionality....my belts are safe, they just look shite....
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

buy some carpet dye (or maybe carpet/upholstery/vinyl) in a spray pak from your local auto store (the one i bought was 'plastikote carpet dye spray'). i bought some black spray to clean up the look of my black carpet as it had faded in spots. it came out perfect.. you cant even tell its from a spray.
Cost ~~ $13 ?
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

However, i dont no if this will rub off due to the constant use of seatbelts? i would test it first, and not wear white shirts?
But $80 for brand new ones sounds better.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

Thats quite funny, the fact that they are old and frayed doesn't worry you, meaning you might die in a decent crash, but mould.........NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

read 4 posts above this ben
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

damn that was funny!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

I've read the above post, I think ben is right, your belts are probably much more likely to fail in an accident than new ones. You should replace them, I should replace mine, I'll do it soon... (been saying that for a while).
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

Aside from that if the cops pull you over and see the frayed belts they will put your car off the road.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: seat belts Reply with quote

i agree with safety is #1 priority, but to fix MINOR fraying you can run a lighter along it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: