HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

burnouts???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: burnouts??? Reply with quote

what can i do to my TG gemini to pull good burnouts??? I've seen pics of ppl doing burnouts in almost standard 1.6 TGs, but i can only get my rear wheels to spin in the wet!!! I've already got a 2 1/4Genie sports exhaust, 4 2 1 extractors, and goes into a 3.5 inch end,
Thanks
Adrian
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

manual? clutch in in first, rev the FUCK out of it, dump the clutch. oil is good.

Auto? get a manual, auto's are gay.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

yeah it's 5 speed manual, i wouldn't get an auto!
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

well shit, my bucket TE running on 3 cylinders did beter burnouts then my 202 HQ ute. I dont even need to rev it much?
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

Dont worrie about mods, just get a strong mate to lift the rear right guard once it gets going aWAY u go
Build the revs up high off the clutch and sit on da brake tap the accle so U dont flood it.
Trust me just lift the gaurd .
may sound funny but it works
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

no offence but maybe its not the car thats the problem Smile
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

lol, i knew someone would say that!!! well i don't go to hard on the gas and i'm probably to easy on dumping the clutch coz i don't want to fuck it up, it's my first car and i want it to last!!!! any other ideas
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

like what is a good value mod to do to get more hp???
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

some options maye be-
-buy another thrash weapon just for burnouts and rallying
-spend money on mods
-go a bit harder and not worry so much about the consequences
-Spend time to get to know your gem so that you dont have to be so hard on her to get it spinning.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

perhaps try a second geary? lol. just remember that the cost for a mod to make more hp is probably more than it would cost for a second hand clutch - depends which way you wanna go with it.

cheers
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

or get your mates to rock it. we did that with this guys vs commodore today. it's an auto but coz of abs wouldn't burn so we rocked it 2 or 3 times and away she went! was a mad burnout too. your gem is HEAPS lighter so it will be easier to rock as well.... think about it.

cheers
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

yeah...

...brake clamp Smile
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

mate, just chuck a 2 litre or a 13b in it, or at least something with some balls, but before you do that, blow your engine at least "trying" to do burnouts, i just blew my g200 doing burnouts...... and once you get the photos developed.... it all seems worth it!!
But on a more serious note, dont have to big wheels on, just put on 14s or 13s coz they are heaps easier to spin coz they are so light!!

Hayden
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

You dont want to fuck it up and you want it to last?
How about you dont do burnouts then.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts??? Reply with quote

with my mild 1600, dumping the clutch at 4000rpm it would only arouse a chirp from the rears. thats with grippy 205, 50's on the rear. Doing the same with the 2ltr its waaaayyyy better. spins easily with just throttle and no dumping in 1st. 2nd gearies are easy. In other words, build a torquey motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: