HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Stock Gemini --(Dustin)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:58 am    Post subject: Stock Gemini --(Dustin) Reply with quote

What power does a Stock Tx gemini have
????
what 0 - 100 does it do stock
and what times does a TF do 0 - 100 stock ???
any help
stopwatch time
or any u could hep me with
thatnx

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey there dustin
I heared that the older cars engine was more powerful than the more modern ones, eg a stock tx 1600 would out perform a stock tg 1600 (being in the same car!). I know for sure that my fiancees old TE had the TE 1600 (it shelled the conrod and main bearings), but it had ok power, then we decided to get a replacement engine, a stock TX 1600. Did it ever have more power and it was as stock as!
So i guess youll find the TX-TD engies may have better power!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(Dustin) Reply with quote

I know that the TX has more balls
i think its just the head thats diferent
cuz i had a TF engine with the TX head(didnt know)drilled for emision shit

and swaped it for a TX that is shaved 45 thou givving aroun 10:1 comp
i would like to know what gemini do 0 - 100 stock
as my car is running so rich cuz it has a cortina carby on it and it spits petrol
??
or is this the 2 inch which flows to 2 1/2 inch after the diff
i also have a Large cam
???
0 - 100 running shit is around 10 sec

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 2:07 am    Post subject: Professionally Tuned --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey Dustin
Why are you running it so rich????
My gemini was running like shit so I paid for a professional to tune it! He was a friend of my dad's and he charged me $10. He got a few toys outa his shed and tuned the lot and checked the point gap, sparkplug gaps, timing and general carby tune! It has never ran so good!
So just a suggestion get it tuned by a pro. then see how it performs!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

TX 1600's make 63? i think KW compared to the 50KW of TF's and later. This is due to the TX's have mainly a different head. The ports are bigger and better shaped, they have larger inlet valves, and they have smaller combustion chambers. The TX's also came with a better designed factory exhaust manifold. The TD's and TE's however were somewhere in the middle as I've had two TD's that didn't have exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) but did have the same head that was on the TX. I have therfore com to the conclusion that most, if not all TD's had the same head as TX's. The TD's did however have the shitty exhaust manifold, but who cares as these manifold never stay on the engines of anyone serious about going fast. The TE's I've had however, had the shitty heads with bigg cc chambers and small valves and shit ports, but they had no air pumps, meaning that they would have more power than any later model, and they also had EGR too.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

The better manifold was fitted to the TX coupes only I believe, well that is what the president of the queensland gemini car club said, and it is a brilliant piece of kit, better even than, believe it or not, some aftermarket extractors, mainly because bob's exhaust shop will never be able to do the R&D that isuzu can.

Once I get my photos developed I will upload em and you can all see just how big the design difference is.

You say bigger valves, what size? I know my TD head has a 42mm inlet and 34 exhaust. I will also have photos of my ported head soon.

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

I just checked and I found a 42mm valve that fitted well in a TD head, so theyre the big valves. I think the smaller inlet valves that I found in a later model head that had the little holes in the top of the exhaust ports for the air pump were about 38 or 39 mm. You can cheaply get the valve seats of a later model head machined so that they hold the 42mm valves nicely though.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Gemini --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I ran out of film on that roll, but the two heads I have on the floor of my garage at the moment are a stocko TE head and my freshly ported TD head, you can see all the differences fairly easily, location of the spark plug and its angle are immediately obvious, as is the smaller inlet valve (40 instead of 42 I believe), there are a number of more subtle differences in chamber shap and port shape but those are the biggies, when I got another roll of film I will take more photos.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: