HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

!!!??headlights??!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: !!!??headlights??!!! Reply with quote

with a td head light up grade i have an idear as to what cars to get them from but does anyone know what cars have the park lights in the head lights (ie i dont want seperate parkers like the gems do.)
and also to they mostly all bolt straight up or are new holes needed?
chers GENE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: !!!??headlights??!!! Reply with quote

Square TD headlights are NON-interchangeable with anything other than square TD headlights. Unless of course you put in the earlier round lights. Some TD's had these. "Search" for the posts on modifying the TD lights to fit the halogen globes.

Yonnee.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: !!!??headlights??!!! Reply with quote

yeah i did. i just dont get how its done?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!??headlights??!!! Reply with quote

i know this one. lemme just do some research b4 i post crap answers up. look back in a couple of hrs. some 60's and 70's holdens used this idea. like i said, let me get some facts 1st.

cheers
Adam
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: !!!??headlights??!!! Reply with quote

Get a pair of headlights from a car that has removable globes. Can be anything, even smashed, as long as the globe holder itself is intact. Cut the holder out of the back of them. Now grab your TD lights. CAREFULLY cut the back of the light assembly to remove the fixed/sealed globe. Trim the hole to fit the holder from the other lights. Glue them in with silicone, preferably high temp. silicone. Go buy some H4 globes and fit them. Easy!

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: