HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

is this common?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: is this common? Reply with quote

heyas its greg here, just wondering if anyone else's gem is splitting in half? my car has a bigass crack right down the centre of the boot. its about 1/2 meter long by 1 cm wide. on corners the whole car flexes and sometimes lifts a wheel. anyways its over. shes now too dangerous and im gunna have to replace her. the thing is a mate has the same prob... he's car is growing one too.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: YES!!!!!!! Reply with quote

finaly!! someone eles. this is the reason i stoped using choped spings!! i talked to an engineer about have a gemini slammed and he said dont to it cos all the shocks from hitting the diff on the chassi (ie botteming out) with snap the back of the car off. i said BULLSHIT and thought nothing off it! then about 6 months later i snapped my red tf in half!! hahahahah
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: YES!!!!!!! Reply with quote

LOL

does anyone else find that really funny

"i snapped my TF if half"

hahahaha
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: YES!!!!!!! Reply with quote

hehehee
figoratively speeking!!!
hahhaa
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: YES!!!!!!! Reply with quote

yeah, quite the funny way to put it!
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Whereabouts? Reply with quote

Down the centre of the boot, as in front to back, or left to right? What about the rear subframe?

Your car has copped one HELL of a hiding, I am not surprised it is falling apart! She has done a top job though, all things considered Smile

I am paranoid, now I am going to go check my Gem out...

As for lifting wheels, the rear inside wheel will lift, the TX would lift a rear a couple of inches off the deck in the dry. Not good for traction Neutral

Sad news, what u gonna do?
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: WTF!!!YESSSS Reply with quote

thats bullshit I got chopped springs in my everyday Gemy which is a RED TC, and mate this thing should of cracked by now its 24 yrs old and I get this thing on 2 wheels
over round abouts, I hit the massive speed humps at 100kms
no damage! well I did bend the tip of my exhast the tip tip
lol thats how high I got I had 5 ppl in da car and I have done it more than once the ppl in the back hit there heads so hard that they are brused I find it funny as.
I dont see any cracks in mine?
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF!!!YESSSS Reply with quote

You have a statistical sample size of 1.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: YES!!!!!!! Reply with quote

hehe show pics I gotta see this
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Whereabouts? Reply with quote

hmmm, well i havn't asked her yet but i was just eyeing off debs old green TE in the back yard... swap the bits over....Wink
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF!!!YESSSS Reply with quote

and a tank in a gemi's clothing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: