HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Park lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Park lights Reply with quote

i know its illegal, but i want to change the park lights in my tf to red. How do i do that. is there red bulbs or somethin.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

u could paint them red?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

easiest way to alter the colour of your bulbs, short of buying the real thing which id do, is paint them with nail polish
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

small balloons (water bombs?) slide over the bulb, simple and looks grouse!!!
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

using nail polish is a pain in the arse, water ballons are easier to do. nail polish also tends to burn/blacken after a while.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

yeah true that pano.......is a simple emasure until you get real bulbs.
one question, how long until the flimsy rubber of those ballons melts!
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

Go to your local Dick Smiths and ask for "high Intensity LED's" red ones should be about 2bux each, drill a 5mm hole and pop led in. get some wire, and wire it up to a seperate switch, that way you can turn em one whenver you want. oh and take ur orginal park bulbs out. Hight intensity leds rock,
hope this helps
cheers.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

I like this idea....
May try it...But do they come in blue?
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

the high intensity leds come in just about any colour you want...from dick smith. what else would you need to wire them up??? what would you connect to for power? (original park light + ???????)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

yeah just dont be gay and put them facing forward on the bonnet of ya car cause that gives me the shits

every bloody commodore or pulsar you drive past has these two little distracting blue eyes looking out at you

spose they need something to make people look at their shit cars
sweetgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

i used red high intensity blue LEDS but there is know reason why you couldnt use red, green or yellow...
you need a resistor and a bit of soldering to do it. then conect it to + and -, via a switch ar park lights. hope it helps...
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

Yeah i agree with ya martin, those piss me off. I Connected the LED's straight to the battery with a fuse on it, then wired it to a switch, and took my orginal bulbs out so my rear park lights would still come on, that way i can turn off the red leds when cops come and still have my rear parks on.

cheers.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Park lights Reply with quote

Saturn condoms ,maybe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: