HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

i got a new gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: i got a new gem Reply with quote

i now officially own 3 gems..

picked up a grandpa spec TE wagon today. It goes like absoulte shit (but ive been spoilt with my ZZ)

the exhaust is loud and it has pretty much no guts.. the engine is fairly new so i rekon it needs a tune, gonna put a new exhaust and extractors on it while im at it...

are TE's supposed to go really slow? cause my TX would kill this thing, is it cause of the smaller valves and pollution shit? looks like im gonna lose my pollution shit if i put extractors on it, what have you people done about that? had the extractors modified or just left it?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: i got a new gem Reply with quote

what year is it?? I have a 79 TE and it has minimal pollution gear
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: i got a new gem Reply with quote

my sister te is a gutless wonder but its an auto
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: i got a new gem Reply with quote

just rip the pollution shit off, its a waste of time. Just need 4 bolts to go into the head to block up where the air rail is and then block up the egr pipe.
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: i got a new gem Reply with quote

Marty,
I dont know if you saw my block when i picked up those quarters but that is exactly what i did.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Re:stock te's... Reply with quote

theyre shite!!!!!
i have a 79 te, and only after substantial induction mods will it climb hills at anything above third gear.
still, i want a tx head and all the other shit too....
oh well, cant be helped.
rob.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re:stock te's... Reply with quote

mines not all that bad and i have done only minimal mods
why do they apparebtly go so shite? what could possibly be the reason for this, everyhing is basically the same as other models??/
cheers.Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: