HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

more h gasket probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: more h gasket probs Reply with quote

right. ive got the rocker off now, moved the timing to tdc. but now i cant remove the fucking camshaft sprocket. everytime i go to turn it it moves the engine. ive removed tension from the chain and set the tensioner to the off. what now? how do i get the fucking thing off? scuse my french
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: more h gasket probs Reply with quote

get a screw driver and put it through one of the holes in the sprocket so it wedges onto the head and stops the whole thing turning. After you loosen the bolt you can put the engine back to tdc. also you might want to use a bit of wire or something to tie the timing chain to the sprocket so it doesnt fall off.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: more h gasket probs Reply with quote

And make sure you don't drop anything into the sump via the timing chain cavity bit! Put a rag down there or put bluetack in your socket so the nut/bolt whatever sticks and stays in the socket.
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: more h gasket probs Reply with quote

try using a plastic bag because they are clean and you wont get any lint etc in the engine.
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: more h gasket probs Reply with quote

thanks for all your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: