HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WEBBERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: WEBBERS Reply with quote

i know i might sound like an absolute cock head for asking this and am facing the facts that ill be called a dick ok but with webbers can u also put turbo? and if not and i sound like a dick could somone explain to me the concept surrounding it it would be much appreciated as i know u all think circles around me. Very Happy
cheers
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

ill leave this for the fellas in the know who can explain in detail, but yes you can fit a trubo with a webber, or any carby/EFI that you care to fit. The turbo has little to do with your inlet as it is on your exhaust manifold side, utilising exhaust gases. In short you could turbo an engine with any fuel delivery system you could conjure up.
least thats my understainding......Cheers
Steve
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

Tim, very well said!
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

Just because no one else has said it and u are expexting it i might aswell. Your a dickhead heheheeheheh
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

oh yeah, dickhead. lol
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

thanx people if somone that reados it knows what needs to be done and any more info could u either write some down here or gime a emial
cheers
killa_kastrow@hotmail.com
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBBERS Reply with quote

webers are quite frequently used on carb turbo installations.
there are two ways to do it:
1. put the weber on the inlet of the turbo compressor (suck through). in this case you can't use an intercooler or an externally vented blow off valve. the weber will need to be tuned to suit, a single 45 or 48 mm dcoe should do the trick.

2. weber in regular spot on inlet manifold, with turbo compressor outlet feeding into carb (blow through). This will give better throttle response, allows the intercooler and externally vented BOV. it is harder to set up tho' as the weber needs to be sealed to the turbo pressure, and the fuel pressure needs to be boost+3psi, so you need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and a higher pressure fuel pump. again need to tune weber, same 45 or 48 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: