HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

sweet sounding gemini
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

hey, i love the sound of turbos and there exhausts, i have heard cars with no turbos but the exhaust done n there is not much different arpart from the blow off valve ..lol but i want to know what i can do to my gemini 1.6L 60 thou over to make it sound like a buzz boxx.. can i get serious answers please.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

gilmer drive
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

A Gilmer drive may give you a straight cut timing gear sorta sound, but from my understanding wont do squat for your exhaust? Being connected to the front of the crankshaft, the water pump and the alternator, how does it accentuate exhaust sound?
cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

how about a sports filter xtractors and a nice lumpy cam??
and dont forget the port job
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

what ya need is extractors, 2-2 1/4 max pipe, with a perforated resonator towards the front(hotdog) and a muffler right up the back with a nice shiny chrome tip of the muffler. This sounds pretty tuff and gives u a deep-ish note for ya gem! sounds a bit like a gti swift wen u have a large cam too! also, its the long tail pipes on geminis that make em sound awful and obnoxious.
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

Pull out the engine and fit in a sr20 turbo, nice hp out of them, Or a Isuzu efi Twincam.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

the exhaust note out of my gem is nice, its got at twincam efi in it.... nice and deep when u got the revs down low but sounds like a typical cammy gemini once it hits 5.5k rpm (and keeps going to 7.2 Wink

i dont mind that noise but, a drag between my car and simons sounded pretty sweet cause they both got exhausts...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: EASY Reply with quote

buy one
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

so u recon put the muff further to the back (indr boot) and it will sound beter?
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: COS Reply with quote

cos he said he liked the sound of turbos and what could he do TO GET A GEAR BOX NOISE. not and exhorst nosie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: PORT JOB Reply with quote

Get a race port job with ports so big you can fit 50c coin inside the inlet and outlet. This will also give shitload more power Smile
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: COS.ahh no Reply with quote

hahahaha diluded man.where does it say he wants a phuckin gearbox noise(what the fuck is a gear box noise anyway) he said he wants it to sound LIKE a buzz box, meaning like a grunty car.
read it properly before you shoot
syko_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

a loud obnoxious gemi is good.. i have extractors a 2 1/2 inch system with 1 straight thru muffler under the middle of the car and a big cam and it sounds fukin wild! that is something like what you should go for..
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet sounding gemini Reply with quote

thats what i have
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: COS.ahh no Reply with quote

yeah......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: