HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 with 1.6 head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: G200 with 1.6 head Reply with quote

Hey all. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, but still have my doubts. How much gain in power am I likely to get using stock bottom end and stock head? And what kind of economy am I likely to get. I know it all has to do with how you drive, but a ballpark figure?
Cheers, Greg.
joee joe joe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 with 1.6 head Reply with quote

my car has a g200 with a big valved 1600 head and cam and ported. its just as economic for me, im just useing the same down draft webber i had on my old 1600 and its fine. the only thing that really shits me is that my battery isnt powerful enough to turn the engine over with the high compression it has. and im sick to death of roll starting it by myself when the battery goes flat from trying to crank over a constipated engine. i tried using a bosh gold with 360 cca but that wasnt nough so now im going to a v6 or v8 battery.
from tim.

oh yeh, one of the water ways doesnt line up perfectly on the 1600 head, dont worry about that because it doesn't effict it.

cheers!
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 with 1.6 head Reply with quote

More compression = more bang for the same buck, thus better economy. whether it is measureable, I dunno. .5%, 1%, ????
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: joee joe joe Reply with quote

Hey mate

I had the same prob with my G200 mine would'nt crank over
with to batteries it turned out to be the starter motor
just a thought,

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: