HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

Well even though i was too drunk on sunday morning to drive my gem, i still attended thanx to matty bywaters who gave me a ride!

What an excellent turnout it was, there was more than 30 Geminis in attendance which was quite a suprise...

there were some real eye catching cars there, a credit to the owners!

I thought it was a great day, with no police interferance, no stupidity on the road, everyone was friendly etc.
The only downside for me was choking on a damn greek olive!! i dont know what i was doing eating one of those, they taste like shit anyway!!

Ah well a top day all round, thanx to dave for organising the cruise and booking the "Dave Room", thanx to matt bywaters for giving me a ride, and thanx to everyone that attended...

cheers,
kev

ps. i got some VERY hi-res/high quality pics of most cars in attendance with the digital camera, so if you would like to get the pics just email me at ksmith@camms.com.au
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

what was that?? less then 50 gem???
ohh well hehehehe QLDer's!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

I guess poor old Adelaide doesn't have the population to sustain a 50-Gemini cruise, Gene.

I was impressed with the quality of the turnout - there were more cleaner cars out - even just stockers with nice rims and stuff - but only a couple had mismatched panels.

One complaint - WHAT'S WITH ALL THE _T_G_'S!!!!

I mean, TGs are fine, but we only had two coupes, one wagon (poor Mooch who's done another bearing) and one panno. MINE! Other than that, about four TX-TC-TD sedans and then about 20 TF/TGs!!! Oh well, a Gemini is a Gemini and I'm appreciative of the turnout.

I reckon the next cruise should go to the drags or something - how about that? More details as they come to hand....

Dave
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

one really close call though i was right at the back of the pack and almost had a laser run straight up my arse. i stopped shitting my self when the squeling stopped and cloud of smoke had passed by. i had only had my car on the road for about 24 hours after being off the road for about 5 months being painted it hadnt even been buffed properly.

for the next cruise I reckon it should be a bit longer though.

josh
hot green tc
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

This was my frist Gemini cruise that was actually organised a day before it happened.

I thought it was a great day. Lots of great Gems. no cops, no accidents. what a supurb day.

I agree, why so many god dam TGs??? i owned the Red/orange TC with the Pioneer stickers, and thumping stereo.

i was suprised that no one else had a decent stereo to compete with me. ohwell, hopefully now some one will go out and invest in some decent boom bits and give me a go. well, enough of gloating...

all in all a great day, some nice gems, nice rims, nice booty.

gotta have another gem cruise soon!!! great job to who ever organised it. my appluase.

-Rob-
dagem1@hotmail.com
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

that was some stereo you had!!

pity Matt Bywaters had his removed from his gem, he had a new series alpine deck, rockford splitsm rockford 6X9s and a rockford 12" in custom box, mate his was CRAZY!!!
it would have been a great contest!

Neway, nice car! Nice stereo, it was good to see ya there even tho i never got to speak with ya

see you on the next one!!

cheers,
kev
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP Reply with quote

for sure! i woulda been keen! not saying i'd win but hey, woulda been good to have a couple a crazy stezza's there!!! unfortunatley i had a hole in the dash holes in the door trims etc.... pissed off now that i didnt leave it all in there till after the cruise! ahwell, what can ya do! next cruise i'll have it all in the new car! then i'll have the beats pumpin!!!
cheers for a top day everyone!
see you all next cruise!

Matt
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP, beats pumpin'! Reply with quote

Well, i have now got my Pioneer 12 inch back in... thank god. it is soooo much better than the Clarion. the boot is rearranged and it sounds sooo much sweeter. it would really impress now.

well, i hope to get some competition next cruise or gathering. it will be great.

thanks for your comments. that was my frist Gem cruise and it was good to see some people liked my Gem and the set up. i have invested alot or time and money into the Gem over the past 2 years.

what do you think of a cruise this friday / satday night??? meet at Glenelg car park???

if ya interested let me know.

cheers...

-Rob-. DaGemi.
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP, beats pumpin'! Reply with quote

id be there my carbies are a bit stuffed but my cars all shiny now
josh
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP, beats pumpin'! Reply with quote

great, so your in???

cruise friday night?
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP, beats pumpin'! Reply with quote

ya
1TuFfGeMi
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ADELAIDE CRUISE WRAP UP, beats pumpin'! Reply with quote

Yea i will come on friday night. what time do i go 2 da carpark? is it the carpark near magic mountain?

C u there
1TuFfGeMi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: