HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

remote tailgate/boot release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: remote tailgate/boot release Reply with quote

just wondering what is involved in making a remote boot(tailgate) release for a te wagon. Has anyone done this here and what parts are suitable.
cheers
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: remote tailgate/boot release Reply with quote

I think Jaycar sells kits for remote boot release.
braddo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: remote tailgate/boot release Reply with quote

hey dude,
i did it for my pano..it's sweet, go to an auto electrician, you get a solnoid thingy, and they hook it up to the lock in tailgate, then put in a switch to activate it. i think around $100 for parts or so, i got mine through a mate, and cost me 30 bucks. they can also program it to your alarm button, if you have one. good luck champ.

question, have you taken off your boot lock??...it looks sweet without it, mine is off
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: remote tailgate/boot release Reply with quote

yep, sounds good.
yer the reason i asked this question is cause i wanted the lock removed.
Is yours like central locking then?
Is there a way to do it with a manual release, like the bonnet?
braddo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: remote tailgate/boot release Reply with quote

well basically i can open my tailgate by my button in the glovebox, or by the button on my remote for central and alarm.

there is no way of opening it other than that, so noone will be able to break into it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: