HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

neon lights under chassy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

does anyone know if it's legal in nsw to put coloured neon lights or flexiglow plates under the chassy of a car? just to give it that cool glow at night when you're out giving a show to the local troop of commodores
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

they are illegal apparently

they are pretty strict with laws about what lights you can have coming off your car and in what direction

ie. red lights only on the back, blinkers must be organge etc

i read it on some RTA page have a look around

im pretty sure those neons are illegal, maybe only whenu are driving i see heaps of commodores with them on while parked but
Luke
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

They are illegal, any flashing lights or neon lights coming from your car are illegal while driving. Even the dash neons.

You'll get yellow stickered for it, thats how strict they are, or at least they are in perth. A mate of mine had flashing blue HD leds on his mags, that were only active when his immobiliser was on, and just because of that he was yellow stickered.

He's got a fully restored 85' celica, and he had to put it through the pits just because of that... and the fact that he was warned about his air filter several times...
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

yeah u can have neons in nsw it just depends were u stick them, my mate had his car decked with blue neons on a commonwhore n the cops done him but he went to the rta n got a letter saying it isnt illegal also my other mate hgad a strobe light at the back of his car conected to his brakes so when he slowed down it would flash n he nevr got done for that n he was pulled over all the time but never told to take it off.
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Neons outside/inside car Reply with quote

well, i know in SA you can't have them on at all. unless you are on Public Property. the main reason we got told off in car parks was because the copper wasn't convinced we don't drive with them on.

cause they are illegal in sa to have them on while you are on the road. parked, or moving.

i have them inside and copps dont care about that. as long as they dont distracted the driver then they are ok.

i have a boot full of neons, one red neon in each foot well, one on my back roof (just near my rear window) and one in the read foot well and the cops actually like them. they dont mind them.

out side, i wouldn't take the chance, they pull you for them, they then go through your whole car and defect you... you are then Fucked!!!

one not so happy camper.

-Rob-. DaGem1@hotmail.com
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

strobe light could be a bit dodgy by any chance is the back of your freinds car wiped out??hehehe
my bro has 2 purple foot long ones at the back of his car we got pulled over at chapel and the cops told him to take them off. so he put a toggle switch on them when u c cops off they go and his also pulse to the subbeys. the ghost lights are like 250$ but at autobarn probly could get them somwhere else cheaper but.
cheers im from melb as well so yeah
dynabytes
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: neon lights under chassy Reply with quote

Yes they are illegal in NSW, forward facing lights have to be white or yellow (used for fog lights) and amber for blinkers, rear facing lights are red and orange for blinkers, any thing else is considered illegal.

Mike
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: NOT on the raod Reply with quote

i had em under my car and they gave me a warning NOT to use them on the raod! but can have em on in carparks, thats brisbane
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NOT on the raod Reply with quote

well, as our coppers said, we are on a sealed road in the car park.

they were on a power trip mostly but they had a valid point. almost anyway.

i am going to try and put some under my car. right up under the drivers seats. so they are not visable while off or during the day. should look good and make a like effect.

fingers crossed.

DaGem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: