HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

redcliff dyno man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: redcliff dyno man Reply with quote

hey this is for mark but anyone feel free to help. I was just lookin for some more information for marks bigger brake setup for the gemini. what parts does it use? what comes with the kit? and whats involved with the installation ? (is it bolt on or does it require mchine work?) oh yeah almost forgot: will i need to get bigger wheels (currently 15s) sorry about all the questions!!
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: redcliff dyno man Reply with quote

Front brakes run a 22mm thick, 256mm diametre vented rotor and a commodore caliper, and the rear brakes run complete commodore rotor and caliper and handbrake setup. To do the front I need the stubaxles off your car for a few days because I have to machine 2mm off the caliper mounting surface to get the caliper centre on the rotor. They all come with rebuilt calipers, brand new rotors and pads etc, and can organise to fit them if you wish. Can do slotted and crossdrilled rotors if you want but from memory adds about an extra $100 per corner and they dont give any signifacnt brake upgrade as the commodore sized brakes are more than adequate. On my best car I have the front and rear discs complianced, but on my other I dont and noones ever noticed ( from a legal standpoint ). Seeing as how they use unmodified components from other cars, engineer?fabrication is not reqd so engineers papers arent reqd only compliancing, if that makes sense.
Need minimum of 14 inch wheels to clear the brakes, ummm yeah. I know longer work at redcliffe dyno by the way, I ve moved onto bigger and better things. You can call me on 0401322100 for more info if you wish.
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: redcliff dyno man Reply with quote

thanks alot mate. will give you a call in the next few weeks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: