HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how the fark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: how the fark Reply with quote

i have a problem i need help with.
i have a few small dents in the roof of my TE, at the front on the passenger side where its fairly rigid. How can i get these out?? I want my body to be as straight as i cang et it before i spend money on paint
cheers
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fark Reply with quote

bog. heh heh heh. sorry couldnt help myself
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fark Reply with quote

Put two big subs in the back and crank it for a while...saw this at a sound off last w/e - the roof of this import looked like plastic shit, it was floppin round like a half sucked mungrel! didn't have dents in it afterwards though!!
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: don't laugh... Reply with quote

.. it's how most panel shops would fix it before painting. Nothing wrong with body filler if it's applied properly.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: don't laugh... Reply with quote

Yonnee, How goes it?? I see your still a regular hotgemi goer!! Hey, I'm starting my paint in the next couple of weeks. What brand of filler/primer/prep materials do you recommend?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: don't laugh... Reply with quote

thanks lads, i just found info through the seach function. seems i was using the wrong words before, thats the net for you, the infos there, just a matter of finding it ;O
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Momofan... Reply with quote

Hey, things are pretty good. We run K&H branded stuff for body repair, their primer-filler is a good one. Little bit thicker than a normal primer, but not quite as thick as using a spray putty, but you don't have to primer over the filler like you do putty. If you plan to paint yourself and you don't have access to a booth, get single pac paint. 2pac is nasty shit to breath in. Single pac is easier to touch up later on (stone chips). Solid colours are easier, just keep putting on layers. The more layers, the more you can rub back, the flatter the finish, ie; less "orange peel". Metallics you've got to make sure you keep spraying in one direction, cause otherwise you'll get different colours as the metal flakes lay down in different directions. You put on your coats of colour, rub that back to get it flat, then heaps of clear. Then rub the clear back. Good fun!!

Yonnee.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Yonnee Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Yonnee. I'll be taking my time with the prep and doing a quarter at a time. I've got a couple of mates that are in the game and may be able to organise a booth for me. I just wanted to know what primers etc. you recommended.
Cheers
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: