HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

melb cruise sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

REMINDER----CRUISE THIS SUNDAY
TO DONNA BUANG , MEET AT 11;30 AT THE BURVALE HOTEL
MELWAYS REF"MAP 62 E 7 ..
BRING FOOD -FIRE WOOD - BLANKET
"CRUISE MASTER DEB!!"
SEEYA ALL THERE
MANA:)
Dracko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

Yep i'm comming Smile
Bringing a mate too Smile

Will
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

Good cruise today, pity it was cold enough to freeze methanol. Was an awesome drive back, pity the gemini roof cam missed out on filming 3 turbo gemini's lined up at the lights... Now that was worth watching.
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

hey its greg.
that would look sick! organise another? by the way, who won?
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

Yeah,

We had a couple of goes at it three wide, all sideways in the night fog, lights to lights, it was close enough to throw a towel over the three cars, Stoktg got plenty of wheel spin, Rod's CDT was first to about 80kms and started pinging, I was only on 8PSI (after a couple scary moments with the boost at 15psi holding the throttle wide open on the way up the mountain) and had to ring it's neck to haul him in, but we were getting a bit quick by that stage, all fun thou,
an interesting mix,
TG 2ltr carbi turbo. blow through
TE CDT 2ltr LPG draw through LSD
TE 1.6+ LPG Blow through 9inch LSD

By the way a great cruze good to see so many hot gemi's in Melbounre but bloddy cold.

Cheers
Eggy
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

I did!
Well, i would of it i could have hooked up Smile A pair of bald 185 retreads dont do much in the way of getting the power down through a single spinner and a big air leak pretty well screwed the boost. Eggy wound his boost down to 8psi (well, at least thats what he claims) which was pretty much what mine was eventually hitting instead of 13. Surprisingly for 3 completely different turbo setups it was fairly even but i think the cdt started to pull away a little at top end.
Definitely have to have a rematch!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

I agree totally, I need new rear tyres too. yeah the CDt has some real torque down low, but he runs out due to pinging, but I will give him a hand fixing that..., then I will have a real hand full catching him. maybe another accerlerator spring will help to reduce the boost from holding throttle wide open.
XaymacA
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: melb cruise sunday Reply with quote

Hey was the CDT the grey baby Torana? That was pretty mad! All respect for the yellow gem (XCRUC8) and the green one next to it. I was almost drooling when I heard the turbo lineup go past! So sweet!
Oh yeh, if anyone knows where to get a cheap, rustfree Gem sedan please email me:
pathway_to_insanity@msn.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: