HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

big brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: big brakes Reply with quote

hey all
i was wondering what can be done in the way of improving (upgrading replacing) a geminis brakes. more specifically a 1983 tf. ive only owned two before and their brakes were shouse. cheers.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

Why dont you push the pedal down harder?
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

You can get a kit from castlemain rod shop to adapt falcon XB discs to the front and HQ calipers.

Other than that I guess you could get some new slotted / crossed drilled rotors?
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

I really wouldn't go for the slotted/cross-drilled, slotted maybe but the DBA golds are a WOFTAM in this instance. There are three companies and one individual who can offer brake upgrades, 'smart automotive' or something to that effect, just gemini spares and the castlemaine rodshop... also mark (who frequents these forums) from redcliffe dyno and performance.

Mark's and the CRS kit both utilise OE style calipers and I believe this is not ideal, but for the $$$ mark's setup is hard to beat.

For about two years I've been saying I've got a setup I want to try, when I finally get some spare time... and I will get around to it... eventually...
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

good reply. stupid. but good. Smile
live
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

i dont suppose you could give me any sort of ideas on the prices of these?
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

Mark from Redcliffe Dyno will do the fronts for $350 and rear disc setup for $250 from mem and my mem aint real great.
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

Thats close enough, as long as I dont have to get dirty fitting them. (But they are easy to fit). The only price difference is the rears cost $350 as well due to the extra expense of having to get a custom handbrake cable made.
mikcarter
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: big brakes Reply with quote

do u have to do any other conversions to diff or anything to fit the discs on the back??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: