HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gilmer drive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syko_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: gilmer drive? Reply with quote

hey i am new to the forum and i was wondering if somebody could tell me where i could get a gilmer drive setup for the g180 in my TE? preferably in qld but wherever and about how much?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: gilmer drive? Reply with quote

Contact your local autObarn. They have a supplier called Hardimans, based in Sydney who does Gilmer drives for a range of cars, including G161, G180 & G200 motors. They are a couple of hundred dollars though.

Yonnee.
syko_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: gilmer drive? Reply with quote

would it sound sweet with a big cam though? if so than i see it being worthwhile.... thanks yonnee.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: what is a glimer drive Reply with quote

can someone explain what a glimmer drive is
cheers nik
syko_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: what is a glimer drive Reply with quote

i think i made a mistake with the spelling too it is gilmour? drive. it is a the pulley system on the front of your motor, instead of standard it uses a toothed belt and cogs and makes a nice whine as you drive... sounds tuff.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: what is a glimer drive Reply with quote

do you have a part no for autobarn
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: what is a GILMER drive Reply with quote

It was spelt correctly in the first place.
See what I can do for a part no.

Yonnee.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: what is a GILMER drive Reply with quote

yeah would sound nice with the twin webers and a blower sound
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: what is a glimer drive Reply with quote

hey you want to know something really funny one of my exs who didn't know shit about his car kept putting ordinary timing chain belts on his gilmour drive and well dah was wondering why they kept breaking.
jess
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: what is a GILMER drive Reply with quote

A Gilmer Drive is a system of toothed pulleys, and a belt to connect them all. The pulleys are fitted to the front of the crankshaft, the water pump and the alternator and are all connected by a toothed belt. Sorta sounds like straight cut timing gear, just more refined.

Autobarn in Moss St, Slacks Creek have a set for Isuzu engines, for roughly $250. I know, coz I am after a set also, and I held the ones at Autobarn in my hands, trying to decide Smile

Anyway, you'll find them there ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: