HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rotary engines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: rotary engines? Reply with quote

is it worth puttin a rotary engine in a gemini n wat are the pros and cons of a rotary, do i have to rebuild it all the time n will they last?? please help
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: rotary engines? Reply with quote

i know it sucks to keep saying this but there is a reason that people dont reply to messages like this..

do a search, find out what you can and then ask any questions that u might have to fill in the gaps

you dont have paid people here waiting to asnwer your every question (you'll find conributing also helps boost your responses cause you are helping others out too)
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: rotary engines? Reply with quote

well marrrtiiin i have been searchin it up, n also a few people have told me u have to rebuild them every 12 months n so foward, i just wanted to know wat people on here had to say about it cos i wasnt sure
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: rotary engines? Reply with quote

I say go for it!! I'm hanging to put a 13B in my Gem. The only thing holding me back is the lack of funds to do it.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: rotary engines? Reply with quote

you only need to rebuild them if you port the fuk out of them, i.e. JPort, or extended Bridge port. its the equivalent of driving with no air filter, just fuks ure engine.

so no, if you dont port it heaps then it will last.

Pro's (13B): light, Fukn POWERFUL, more torque then 12A, sound sick, are generally fukn cool, will pull chicks, does burnouts good etc etc

Con's: break upgrade and chasie strengthening (hard to engineer without these)and unregesturable without engineering. Virtually unensurable, not practical, you wont be able to park it anywhere, EXPENSIVE (relative to working the shit out of a G200.)

sorry if i get some things wrong, im sure WAYTOLOW or someone else will pick me up on something... but im just going off what ive been told... so i think im right? maybe..
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: GO THE ROTA Reply with quote

i say go for it there's nothing like owning a one of a kind car there's a 13b turbo tg at phil's rotary for $9000
registered and compilanced which brings up an issue
that has being going around can or can't you rego a 13b turbo gem in qld but this one is i have been told it
goes on the weight of the car eg i have a mate with a rwd
corolla with an sr 20 in it and its dry weight is 1300kg
i will look in to it next time at the dot in bris
cheers nik
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: ZZZ Reply with quote

is that carolla a baby shit brown with an auto meter sticker on the rear window?? with stocko rims?
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZZ Reply with quote

no it's white with five spoke 17's and a rusty mufflerand dumper at the rear it's one of the last rear wheel drives
it's a square sort of shape looks like a shit box with wheels till you pop the bonnet or take of from the lights
280rw hp dynoed on the mazfix dyno he lives on the northside
cheers nik
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: rotary engines? Reply with quote

hell yes! i want one also but i want a 13b turbo out of a series 5 rx7. funds aren't the major problem - more legislation. in nsw apparantly the legal limit is 2.4L for a turbocharged engine and a 13b is seen as 2.6. trying to research how it is possible now.... will post when i have the answers. the power is definately worth it ok. you might need to change your rotors or something but if you put a good set of racing rotors on to start with you should be fine for some time
MeTeOrA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: rotary engines Reply with quote

firstly rego on cars with different engines goes on power to wieght ratios and so does the insurance. rotaries are so hard to insure and register in different cars cause there light and fucking ballsie. i say go for the rotar cause i am selling my gemi for a series 1 RX7. sad i know but i need a rotary fix
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: rotary engines Reply with quote

go a series 2 or series 3 man

better suspensio and 4 wheel discs etc

muuuuch better cars all round, done have the ugly back part round the number plate either, prolly only play a few hundred more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: