HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Yonnee, DBA Price please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Yonnee, DBA Price please Reply with quote

Hey Yonnee,

Straight from DBA site:

Piazza (Impulse) 1983 - 89
F 811  Vented 250 32 18 16.6 68 4
R 812  Vented 266 60 18 16.6 57 4

Can you get in stock and let me know what prices I would be up for for the above Piazza slotted DBA Rotors.

the rear rotos I have a solid Piazza rotors but I have been advised that you can interchange the solids for vented, is this correct?

cheers
Eggy
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy Reply with quote

You'd have to be careful with changing the rotors because vented are usually thicker than solids. Probably have to change calipers to match.

Something to bear in mind. Rear braking only accounts for about 30% of the braking capacity, and vented discs help disipate heat quicker than solids, so it's good to have them on the front. But if you've already got discs on the rear, and they're solid, I would go for slotted rather than change the calipers to go to vented for very little gain. Just put in some good quality pads. That is unless the piazza used the same calipers for both lots of discs, then by all means upgrade them. Clear as mud?

Got this week off, but I'll see what I can do about the prices.

Cheers, Yonnee.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy Reply with quote

The two disks he listed were front and rear respectively, hope this helps.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Adam Reply with quote

Yeah I realise this, but I presume the piazza came with solid rears with a later option that were vented. If they ran different calipers from one to the other, then changing the rears from solid to vented would also require changing calipers too. But hey, If you've got a never ending supply of piazza calipers, I'd like to hear about it. lol

Yonnee.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Racegem Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Adam and Yonnee,

Yeah I was advised a long time a got that both that vented and non vented rear disks from the Piazza used the same calipers. can you check this for me? if they used different calipers then I will stick with the solid rotors that I have,

sorry no surplus calipers,

Cheers
Eggy
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy Reply with quote

I'll see what I can find out. Some books/catalogues don't even list the piazza.
BTW, does the caliper off the piazza contain the park-brake facility? I had a disc diff assembly years ago, but I cant remember whether I took the brake bits off it when I threw the diff out. The stupid things you do when you're young hey! If only I knew then what I know now!!!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy Reply with quote

Yeah,

The Piazza rear calipers have cable connection for the handbrake that pushes the piston onto the pads.

Cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: