HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:05 am    Post subject: Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3 Reply with quote

The turbo i wanna run is an aftermarket job to suit the 2.4ltr diesel hilux motor, has the designation TB03, and i think is from a safari brand kit. from the looks of it, i may be able to use a modified version of the hi-lux manifold, or if that fails, i'll get shane {friend who works at tulla airport} to see if the engineers will knock one up for me...or he'll do it for me for the cost of parts. anyway, as for lpg turbo, what do i do to get it goin? i know you've got the Gas reasearch gear, but how does it work...is it like a condenser/mixer in one, or do you still have a seperate condenser? besides that, do you maybe wanna one day sell me your spare efi mainfold....or not...[lol]
as for motor, i was going to build a 1.6 ltr with forged pistons @8:1 or nearabouts compression, with metal gaskets, and then balance it from fanbelt to flywheel.
however, on another matter, this morning, on the way to ballarat, the car decided to fuck up.
running fine, then decides to cut out. the high tension leads are new, so is the whole dizzie, low tension is secure, so me thinks the coil. the gas was not icing up either, as it was quite warm when i checked it. what do you think?
anyway, thats enough from me.
thanks and have fun
rob.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3 Reply with quote

Yeah ok I'll sell you the rodeo EFI manifold and you will need the Electronic dizzy as well. for the right price thou...

look with a turbo like that and low boost under 10 PSI you can run it on your standard engine, just get a decomp plate and 2 head gaskets, that will save you some cash.

yeah the GRA still uses a mixer (B2 model) but you have to change the springs in it, costs about $30 for new springs, GRA also have end of financial year sales, your can get the carbi's for almost 1/2 price well I did anyway.

have a look at the setup up on the brown TD in the gallery, it would be your cheapest way to set it up, still quite goods considering you will be using low boost.

with LPG you can get away without Forged pistons ( saves you about $1000) as long as you donot go over 20 PSI, which I double you can with that turbo.

Yeah coil, maybe, does it run fun when you hot wire it, ie. power directly from battery to coil, Also how is your ballast resistor? condensor? any condensation under the dizzy cap?

cheers
Eggy
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3 Reply with quote

might have been moisture, but im going to change to elec ignition A.S.A.P, so no prob there....
how much for the manifold...name a decent price, and ill see what i can do.
how thick should the de-comp plate be, and where can i get one from...or is it a case of make-yer-own..
finally, W.T.F is the setup on the brown gas turbo?
i just dunno what it is.
thanx heaps mate....will see ya within the next month or so...
cheers
rob.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3 Reply with quote

Ok,

Impco Mixer draw through i'm chasing part number up, attached to the turbo intake, so the ags i drawn through the turbo with the air then delivery control is via the throttle body.

cost me $300 for manifold and electronic dizzy,

Cheers
Eggy
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Eggy...turbo info for ya+little help 3 Reply with quote

thanx,...was quoted $250 for efi manifold and throttle body, if you have the throttle body, do you want to part with it too...see what im getting at?....as for the elec ignition, do you have a spare, or do i have to go and find my own.....its just a matter of conveinience...so whatever is good for you...yeah.
thanks a whole fucking heap mate, i really appreciate it, there might be a slab or three in it for you for helping me through everything.....its been that helpful..enough Brown-nosing, when i get the dosh, ill come and see ya new place...might even bring the girlfriend...who knows?
thanks again, your soon-to-be-boosted mate,
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: