HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need advice again in adelaide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: need advice again in adelaide Reply with quote

ok first things first-- if i buy a new head, i am getting the 1600 head, will i still have to replace the head gasket that is blown in my 1800. second thing-- can somone tell me how to fit twin 40ml idf webers and what is involved to get them going properly. also where in adelaide i might be able to pick them up from and for what price. and thirdly where abouts in adelaide i can pick up a tf/tg manual, i have looked everywhere and can not find it anywhere.
thanks. enemy.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: need advice again in adelaide Reply with quote

mate, manuals are everywhere!!!!!
try richmond auto salvage... its on south road at richmond, my brother picked up a 5 speed from there...
i found my 5 speed in the trader belive it or not! $130! and its perfect!
anyway, im sure you'll find one!
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: need advice again in adelaide Reply with quote

u need a new head gasket every time you take off the head. and especially if the old one is blown !!
If you live near port adelaide try the sunday warf markets. there are many book stalls there with heaps of manuals. more than likely that there would be a gemini one amongst them all.
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: already tried the wharf markets doomboy Reply with quote

i already tried the wharf market, tried on sunday just gone.

where bouts r u livin dude, i live up at north haven so yeah i am close to port adelaide.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: need advice again in adelaide Reply with quote

1. yes you need a new head gasket every time you take the head off.
2. why do you want twins? have you got a race engine? if you are after some performance boost, I have a 45 dcoe weber + manifold (bolt right on) for $450 ono in adelaide.
to tune webers, best idea is to do it on a dyno, but you can do it cheaper by driving it around and then changing jets etc gradually. I might be able to help out with this (ps tuning twins is twice as much work as tuning a single weber).
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: i might take u up on that badger Reply with quote

where abouts in adelaide r u badger cos i might take u up on that offer......................
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: k-mart ? Reply with quote

I saw in the auto section of k-mart once that they had a whole bunch of manuals for older model common-dores and stuff. I didn't have a good look through but they might have gemini ones somewhere.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: i might take u up on that badger Reply with quote

I am in clearview. you can email me on nospamplease.b_adger@hotmail.com (remove nospamplease. to email)
I am doing a head gasket right now as it happens.
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: k-mart ? Reply with quote

They have Gregorys automotive manuals for TX, TD, TC, TE, TF, and TG and K-Mart stores. Only problem is they dont usualy keep a large range of stock so it might be hard to find the manual for your model.

Good luck!

Simon
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Try repco Reply with quote

Try repco or autobarn
I got mine at repco
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: already tried the wharf markets doomboy Reply with quote

yeah i live in the west lakes/sema 4 park area. i deliver pizzas for pizza haven sema 4 in a lil' red corolla. more than likely you'll c it parked out the front on a fri/sat/sun night. i drive a corolla yeah, but i wanna sell it and get a gem pannel van.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: