HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how does this sound!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

i've spent a few maths lessons figuring out how to install 3 15s into my tg boot, yes that's right 3!!! now i've done all the calculations and it is possible and i'll still have room on each side of the sub box, (but only enough to fit about 3 backpacks[not much])the box will fit in between the wheel arches and cover the ugly fuel tank up,and hide 2 500wrms amps behind the box, i'll tell you the only prob! i'm about 30-40Litres off the recomended box volume, it's a triangular box, it goes all the way from the back of the fuel tank to the back of the boot, and fits snug under the parcel tray, now do u think i should go ahead and build it because one of the 15's i've got already and is going to be mounted backwards(with the huge magnet hanging out) so i don't think being 30l's off the box volume will matter, oh by the way it will have 3 tuned ports aswell probably to 20hz or25hz, any ideas, i've run out of things to think of, oh except i might have the single 15 and two 12s that will work better i think, sorry bout the long msg
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

DONT MIX SUB SIZES!! will sound shit!!
iv seen a gem with 3 15"s in it fit easy and stil had room for the spair tyre!!!
i had 2 in my gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

yeah but i want too have the 12's coz they respond quicker and are punchier, and the 15 for crazy low end, the 15 i've got already is a peavey 550w rms pa sub but it can be run off a minimum of 250wrms, which is wat i'm doin,500w rms @4ohms=250w rms@8ohms
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

they will cancel eachother out. u il just be waisting money
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

just go with 2 15's that gives you heaps of low bass that carries out and will easily sound better then a 15 and 2 12's. i think 3 15's is too much. but in the end its your choice.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

i am reluctant to put subs into a wagon cause they are so easy to see and therefor steal

do u guys have dark tinted windows or something?

good thing about a boot is no one can see whats inside that shitty body
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

if you want better sound in the car, i have heared that you can put an xf tank into a gem(probably on this forum).
the less crap between you and the speakers = better sound.
spud
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

Geez I hope you got a big alternator and a couple of Farads of capacitance on that fucker!
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: too true Reply with quote

having a wagon - especially with untintable side glass - is like having ur stereo in a fish bowl. All u can do is make sure its insured man. Wagons/vans r good if ur chasing high spl though.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

READ THE POST MATE...ITS A WAGON!!!!
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

If you're going to port the box, it is critical that the internal volume is correct, otherwise it will sound bad.

Have you considered sealed 15's? They will require less volume than if you go ported, still play low and be more responsive than in a ported box.

Three ported 12's would be nice.

Also, to gain a little more volume, have all of the subs (however many you end up having) inverted (magnet hanging out).

btw, I've got a JL wo15" in a 4.0^ft ported box tuned @ 32hz, ready to go into my van (if I ever get it on the road ;o)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

so how did it turn out?
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound!!!! Reply with quote

so how did it turn out?
hod rodder

so how did it turn out?
hod rodder

so how did it turn out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: