HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Can i put subs in my gem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Can i put subs in my gem? Reply with quote

i own a TE gemini n want to know if i can put subs ibn , my mates say i can cos of the fuel tank cos its behind the seat. i see every one on this site with subs but dont know if i can put em in or what? a reply would be good.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Can i put subs in my gem? Reply with quote

u can easily put subs in, read my post below this one and see what i'm doin, depends on wat u want,how much boot space and what size/howmany subs but u could easily fit subs in ur boot
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Can i put subs in my gem? Reply with quote

if u want any help in designing a box just ask here i can send u a few diagrams of what to build depends on what sound ur after and wat subs!
brothelpimp
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Can i put subs in my gem? Reply with quote

i'm going to put 2 x 12's in my te wagon....going to put them just behind the seats , will easily fit.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Pete's Solution!! : ) Reply with quote

i bolted a 10" sub box to the cross beam behind the back seat that holds the petrol tank in place. it faces the driver/passenger and sounds GOOD!
b4 anyone tries to argue i tried it in the boot, all angles etc, nothing sounds even remotely as good as this!!

its fat, ive emailed adam the pic but its not up yet
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete's Solution!! : ) Reply with quote

The fact that you securely fixed it to the cars body might have something to do with the fact it sounds better, although having it in the same space as the occupants will effect the spl (sound pressure level) in the cabin. This means subs in a wagon/van will always sound better than a sedan with the same gear in the boot. However, low frequency, bass notes are omni-directional, means you can't tell where they're coming from, so having them in the boot, behind the tank should be no problem.

Yonnee.
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can i put subs in my gem? Reply with quote

easily!! i had 2x 15" subs but have taken those out and replaced them with 2x 12" subs and a pair of kenwood 6by9's in the parcel shelf... goes very hard!! any questions just ask, ive been installing systems in cars for the last 2 years!

andy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: