HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: need advice Reply with quote

ok this is what i am planning on doing-------------------- i have a 1800 i want to chuck an 1600 head on it, i want oversized pistons and a balanced crank on the bottom end. for the top end i want to get a ported head, larger valves and and a mild cam. externally i want a 350 holley carby, genie extractors and a three core radiator and bosh coils....

if anybody has any ideas or advice on how i might improve on this set up or maybe give me an aproximate price on how much it will all cost or anything in general then please let me know............
thanks.
enemy.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: need advice Reply with quote

setup sounds pretty good. with that engine though you might want to consider twin 45mm weber carbies. that'll make it go pretty hard. ummmm, other than that it sounds good, couldn't really give you an idea on price for the whole thing but i know you can pick up these carbies pretty cheap second hand in really perfect condition. 'bout 4-500 dollars. let me know how you go with it.

cheers
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: need advice Reply with quote

Bosh Coils??, how about an electronic dissy from a rodeo or suttle, much cheaper.

twins webers down drafts are the most efficent on gemini's due to manifolds, yeah about $4 - 500 secondhand and about that again in tuning and setting up costs to make them worth while, consider a single 45mm side draft, consider fly cutting the pistons so you can run a big camshaft, also some heavy duty valve springs,

cheers
Eggy
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: need advice Reply with quote

yeah all that sounds good, and i'll agree with eggy, if anything, electronic ignition is the way to go...
it'd be better in the long run!

cheers matt

ps. see you on sunday for the cruise man!
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: aint cummin on the cruise matt Reply with quote

i aint gonna be cummin on this cruise dude, i gotta go back to base on saturday which is in nsw so i wont be cummin, im only home on leave at the momment. so ill be cummin to the next one dude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: