HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

$5000, and no idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crusin
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

Well, im in a bit of pickle..ive got 5grand and buying a gemini in mind, and have got no idea on what model to buy..can anyone advise me on what to buy or should i just buy a commodore and be like the rest of my mates...
and i just dont want to pay $5000 for the gemmy i want to pay a mild amount and spend the rest on the car it self...help me
i do have a couple of models in mind: TG or TF..

thanx
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

where are you, and eggy has a kickass tg wagon for $2k, spend $3K making it even better...DO NOT BUY A CRUMMODORE!!!
rob.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

DON'T BUY A COMMODORE!!
That is my first comment. hehehe

Get whatever model Gemini you prefer cos they're all good. Buy one that's in good condition and spend the rest on fixing it up to your satisfaction. It will be your creation then, so you will enjoy it more at the end.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

well dont conform to the majority, and get a gem - heaps more style. most of my mates (other than the handfuls of gemfreaks) drive boring commodores. i would rather drive my gem anyday, than a commodore - when i have been given the opportunity to drive my olds vl - i always turn it down, unless i dont have much fuel. go the gemi mate. and you will get heaps more satisfaction out of it, if you buy one cheaper than $5000 and spend some time and money, putting some of your personal character into the car. if you can find a car with a good body to start with, thats always a great start, because its an easier platform to work with than spending money and time, on stripping the car and repainting it. thats my two cents anyhow.
all the best.
greg.
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

Look for a stock tg wid no rust and good paint for bout 1000, then get sot nice wheels, get it lowered and and put some F@ckin NOS on it, then race peoples for pink slips. heheehehe. Or u can get a tg as described above and dump a 350 in it and den NOS, hell yeh...

chris...
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

hey greg J i got 10cents if ya want that instead!!!!!hehehe
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

...are you giving me it? if so i'm keen - thats a quarter of an ice cream cone!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

yeah whats with that!!!! a 30cent cone at maccas costs 40cents?? hhhmmmmmmm
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

thanx for all of the replys so far..but im still not sure..i think im gonna go a TG...
Boz

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: $5000, and no idea Reply with quote

Buy a rust free 80 - 84 gem ( no FF ). Lower it ( King spring super lows ) and put some pedders sport ryders on the bitch. Buy some 15" or 16" mags with decent rubber. After thrash the living shit out of the original engine. Buy a reco G200 ( 2L ) and wack that in while also replacing the clutch, after all that thrashing! Put a webber carb and some extractors with a nice exuhust on the beast and she'll be right. oh yeah buy a stero. I've got a sony 50*4 Watt head unit with JBL 6*9's in the parcel shelf and 4" in the doors. Shaaweeet who need's a sub?, unless you listen to girls music!!! doof doof doof doof. Surprised hahhaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: